Saturday, October 27, 2007

As I'm walking the streets that I used to walk to school when I was a little girl,
I'm thinking about what I'm missing.
About why I feel so empty.
Every time I have to tell myself it will be OK, and that there will be a day that I will feel everything that all of you have around you.
That I will feel the wind that is blowing where all of you are living.
I will hear the languages, eat the food, sleep in a bed that's not my own.
Every time I have to tell myself we are under the same sky.
Same sun, same moon, same stars.
I'm half way, still the same street, it used to feel like a never ending street.
But now it feel so small and short.
I wish the distance was short. Wish that all of you where living in that street.
So when I was little I could pick you up and you could come to school with me.
Now i'm almost home, I only have to cross one more street.
Same street I'm living for almost 19 years.
Well almost 18 cause,
one year I spent in a place where all of you were too.
One year, that went too fast, that hurts in my heart.
But so glad I did it.
I love you all of you!

No comments: